Thursday, December 1, 2011

Candid thoughts and advice from a wealthy one percenter


As recorded by Greg Olson

Note from the author:  The following piece is fictional, the thoughts and advice are from an imaginary character.  Any resemblance to someone living or dead is perhaps not all that surprising.  Hopefully, there is connection to anyone that is both, living and dead.


I was born here in the United States of America.  Being a natural born United States citizen gives me certain rights in accordance with the Constitution of the United States.  Further, our economic and political systems ensure additional rights that are potentially open to all US citizens.  Some consider these rights to be privileges.  However, I not only consider them rights, but duties or obligations that pertain to my specific position in society.   
It is important to consider the main aspect of my position, personal wealth.  There are numerous ways to achieve considerable personal wealth, but what seems to trouble so many detractors is whether or not wealth was earned.  The next complaint by those who would disparage the top echelons of our society is how personal wealth is handled in dealing with people in lesser positions.  With these things in mind, I begin my treatise.
The dollars saved in my off shore bank accounts were earned.  This has allowed me to use my skill in taking advantage of the opportunities presented to me by open and fair markets to increase my wealth the same as anyone else in my position.  I am confident that my fellow political party members in lesser positions will fight and die to keep America safe and my position in society safe, because it is the right thing for them to do.  It is my fervent hope that someday all Americans will know the joy of this patriotic calling.
Again it needs to be restated, all my money was earned.  The people that earned it were confident in my ability to improve the economy as I accumulated their earnings.  This money represents sweat and blood, my friends.  Considering the sacrifice required earning this money, it logical that this money should not be taken from me through immoral taxation based on the value of my accumulation or the quantity of income derived from this accumulation.  No, when I make investments, it isn’t done for the sole purpose of supplying my rightful income; it is to provide jobs commensurate with the societal positions of large numbers of honest hard working, wage earning Americans and their counterparts the world over.
Free market forces for the benefit of the global economy help to ensure low prices for consumer goods that help to keep demand high for those goods.  At the same time the need for production of these goods provides jobs that do not require expensive, high levels of training or education.  It is easy to see how this opens a panacea of opportunity for workers.  Not only do workers benefit from abundant job opportunities; businessmen are able to expand their operations due to reduced costs.  In this way the forces of supply and demand work to benefit the most those people in our society that truly deserve the benefit.
Some people have impugned the efforts of my ancestors.  They have implied that the money my family has provided me was somehow tainted.  They degrade the very foundation of our nation.  As I have already written, someone earned every dollar I own.  Earned, not sucked from society or myself in some give away scheme like welfare that unfairly takes money that is rightfully mine.  Welfare is a scheme that transfers my wealth to someone that could otherwise be a valued, producing member of society or a warrior for democracy and freedom.
 Readers, do you honestly believe that the old, the infirm, or the poor are happy in their positions in life?  Welfare just prolongs their agony.  What we need to do is pull the rug out from under people in these positions so that they can wake up and make the coffee.  From experience I can tell you that my own upstairs maid doesn’t need both her feet to stand on when she makes up the beds and carries the soiled linens to the laundry in the basement level.  Hopping has actually improved her cardiovascular health.  I’m not saying this just because she’s my mother either.  Just think, if I provided insurance benefits for my numerous household staff, she might not have lost that foot and heart disease could have taken the ninety-third birthday from someone who proves their value to society 24/7.
Using this same premise, consider the provision of living quarters for the household staff on my estate.  While this action did provide a well-deserved tax shelter for me, most importantly it provided privately funded housing for low income Americans.  This housing was not constructed in the flamboyant manner of some state or federal public housing development you may have seen in some inner city ghetto.  No, these houses will remind the occupants daily that they should strive continuously to improve their situations in society.  I can tell you, it warms my heart to think of the incentives that I am able to provide to people in lesser positions than myself.
Proper education, like the housing I just described, can be used to help keep our society on track.  The books I sell at a normal and fair profit to my household staff allow them the opportunity to provide moral, parent guided home schooling for their offspring.  The books are especially selected to ensure the children will be ready to take their parents places in the household when their parents pass on.  There isn’t a concern for these children about how they will support their parents in retirement since they know their parents will never be forced to retire.  My staff members can work right up to their last day, happy in the knowledge that they have given it their all. 
These children are not bothered with scientific sex education or birth control.  Heaven forbid they should deprive the work force of additional members.  Believe this, these kids have prayer in school.  In my experience no group is more consistent in their beseeching prayers than workers in my employ.
The principles used in my home are easily applied in business.  Morally and ethically we should not allow ourselves to deprive the people we deal with of the opportunity know their place in society.  It is not my fault if financial position provides me with an advantage in business dealings.  Every opportunity needs to be used to keep me in my position so that I can keep other people from losing their incentive to participate.  Starvation is a friend in this situation.  Being beaten down is not the demoralizing threat some would have you believe.  No, keeping your head down ensures your ability to stay on the right path.
In summation, let us remember a few things: 
1.    If you are wealthy, it was meant to be and you can’t help that and you certainly can’t help anyone if you are poor.
2.    Low wages and Spartan working conditions keep business costs down so that profits are not bled away in a manner that would force workers to think they have a higher value or position in life.  Low wages equals more jobs.
3.    High wages rob workers of their incentive to work.  High wages equal fewer jobs.  Look at me, how many people could society pay the amount that I make in a year?
4.    Men and, especially, women cannot be trusted to make moral decisions regarding their own health.  We must not get caught in the trap of providing health benefits for anyone and risk the possibility that people lose their fear of getting sick.  Choices are not good for little people.
5.    When a worker gets sick and dies, the gene pool is strengthened.  This is especially true in the case of younger workers of pre-child bearing age.  Death is society’s future fitness program and it helps to relieve over crowding.
6.    Sex education and birth control make the military recruiter’s job more difficult and it is detrimental to work force numbers.
7.    People in lower positions are in those positions in order to keep their betters on top and they are willing to do this because it is the morally correct thing for them to do. 
8.    Vote Republican.

No comments: